Baby Lock Aria Quilting & Sewing Machine
This item is not available for purchase online. Please call 434-821-3000 to order.
Model number: BLAR
When it comes time to set the stage for quilting success, I use the Baby Lock Aria quilting machine. The Baby Lock Aria is packed with features powered by Baby Lock IQ Technology™. That means you'll enjoy quick auto-adjustments and a hassle-free sewing experience.
I can make elegant turns using the advanced pivoting feature, and the Digital Dual-Feed System helps me effortlessly stitch multiple layers of fabric. Plus, the extra-large workspace gives memore room to compose bigger projects. With so many user-friendly features, I might startmaking more than one quilt in a day!
-- Eleanor Burns PBS Host of "Quilt in a Day"
Video: Baby Lock Aria Sewing/Quilting Machine
Digital Dual-Feed System
Fabric always feeds evenly when you use the Digital Dual-Feed System. Whether stitching on difficult fabric or multiple layers, the Digital Dual-Feed System will keep your fabric feeding consistently.
Color LCD Touch Screen
Clearly see the details of every stitch. This large color LCD touch screen measures 7" diagonally and shows up to 260,000 colors. You'll get a bold, vivid display of your chosen stitches, machine settings and more.
Enhanced Stadium Lighting
Illuminate your fabric with 10 inches around the needle. You'll see every detail of your project. Plus, the bright LED lights last longer so you won’t worry about changing light bulbs.
NeverMiss™ Automatic Needle Threader
The NeverMiss Automatic Needle Threader does exactly what it promises. It's never been this fast or easy - the Aria threads your needle with little more than the push of a button.
Convenient push-button features give you more freedom to focus on your project. Raise and lower the needle or presser foot, cut threads, reinforce stitches and thread your needle with the push of a button.
Larger Throat Space
Comfortably quilt with the Aria's large throat space. 11.25" to the right of the needle leaves room for thick projects and bigger quilts.
Quick-Set, Drop-in Bobbin
With a drop-i bobbin, getting ready to sew is easy. When you need a new bobbin, simply drop it in and go. The Aria will put the thread right where you need it.
Quilting Extension Table (Optional)
Expand your workspace with the quilting extension table. It securely fits on your Baby Lock Aria so you maintain a smooth quilting surface.
Multi-Function Foot Control (Optional)
Give your hands more free time with the Multi-Function Foot Control. Start and stop your sewing with the main foot control and perform two convenient functions with the heel tap feature and side pedal. Choose two of these four control options: thread cutting, needle up/down, single stitch and reverse stitch.
- LCD Color Touch Screen with touch pen
- Shows 260,000 colors
- Measures 7" diagonally
- Clock and Date
- Enhanced Stadium Lighting for brighter true color LED lighting of 10" around the needle
- Digital Dual-Feed System ensures utmost fabric control when feeding layers or difficult fabric types
Convenient Machine Features
- Convenient one-touch buttons for
- Reverse sewing
- Reinforcement stitch
- Needle up/down
- Thread cutter
- Automatic presser foot lift
- Auto threading
- Quick-Set bobbin winder
- Needle plate with scale in inches and centimeters
- Additional seam markings on bobbin cover for needle position preference
- Optional quilting extension table for larger work area
- Free arm
- Two accessory storage compartments
Key Quilting and Sewing Features
- 573 Built-in stitches including
- 137 Utility with 14 one-step buttonhole styles
- 283 Decorative
- 20 Satin
- 61 Decorative satin
- 14 Cross
- 58 Combinable Utility stitches
- 5 Built-in alphabets
- Maximum utility stitch width: 7mm
- Stitch length 0.0mm - 5.0mm
- Digital Dual-Feed System ensures all layers feed evenly
- NeverMiss™ needle threader
- Automatic thread cutter
- Independent bobbin winder motor and Quick-Set, top-loading bobbin
- Advanced Pivoting Feature
- Automatic Fabric Sensor System adjusts presser foot pressure and tension to deliver perfect stitch
- Ergonomic hands-free presser foot lift with extra high setting 10mm automatic and 13mm manual
- 11.25" Workspace to the right of the needle
- Sewing speed up to 1,050 spm
- Automatic drop feed
- Language conversion capabilities (13 languages)
- Warranty (25-year limited, 10-year parts, 5-year computer circuit, 5-year electrical, 1-year labor)
- Optional Gold Standard Comprehensive Care Program
Advanced Machine Features
- 2 USB drives: 1 (Type A) drive, connects with a mouse and flash drives and 1 (Type B) USB direct connect to a PC
- Utility stitch editing capabilities
- Store personal stitch settings for each Utility stitch on machine
- Decorative stitch editing capabilities
- Back to the Beginning key, returns to the beginning of a decorative stitch pattern
- Edit and combine Character/ Decorative stitches
- 24 Memory Pockets for Character/ Decorative stitches equaling 1 MG
- Store additional stitch combinations on your PC using the 2 USB ports
- Mirror-image capability for stitches
- Lock key for stitches keeps current settings
- Variable needle positions
- Programmable needle up/down
- Upper and lower thread sensors to alert when threads are broken
- Lateral and diagonal feeding
- Fully automatic built-in darning
- Twin needle settings
Instructional and Help Resources
- Built-in Operational Guide
- Built-in Help Messages
- Built-in Sewing Application Guide
- Touch pen (stylus)
- USB cable
- Knee lift
- 13 Feet
- Digital Dual-Feed System Foot
- 1/4" Quilting foot with a guide
- Blind stitch
- Button fitting
- Free-motion quilting
- Free-motion open toe quilting
- Free-motion echo quilting
- Straight stitch foot
- Specialty bobbin case for bobbin work
- Cord guide bobbin cover
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Soft cover for machine
- Seam ripper
- Twin needle